Monday, July 6, 2026

RESET YOUR LIFE BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE PART 5

Mishlei (Proverbs) chapter 25










Today we are walking in: RESET YOUR LIFE BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE PART 5










Mishlei (Proverbs) 25:28

He that hath no rule H4623 over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.







RULE






Today we look to the word—RULE—H4623—ma‘tsar—restraint, control, holding back, or governing oneself. It carries the understanding of possessing inner restraint so that impulses, emotions, appetites, and reactions do not become the governing authority of your life.








The Torah Testifies……….

Bereshiyth (Genesis) 4:7

If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lies at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Devariym (Deuteronomy) 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: That thou mayest love אΧͺ eth-YAHUAH thy Elohiym, and that thou mayest obey His voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto Him.








The Prophets Proclaim………

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 1:19

If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.

Chabaqquq (Habakkuk) 2:4

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.











The Writings Witness………

Mishlei (Proverbs) 16:32

He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that rules his spirit than he that takes a city.

Mishlei (Proverbs) 25:28

He that hath no rule H4623 over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.










Now let’s confront one of the biggest lies that keeps people stuck even after they have reset, released, restarted, and refocused: the belief that motivation is enough.

Motivation feels good. It can energize you. It can awaken you. It can help you begin. But motivation is inconsistent. There are days you will wake up inspired, clear, excited, and ready to move. Then there will be days when your energy is low, your mood is off, your confidence is shaky, and everything in you wants to do the minimum.

If your progress depends entirely upon how you feel, your progress will always be unstable.

Write this down:

Motivation can start movement. Discipline sustains it.

Discipline is not loud. Discipline does not always feel exciting. Discipline usually does not receive applause. Discipline shows up when the feeling is gone.

That is where transformation becomes real.

Not only when you feel inspired.

But when you have already decided.

DISCIPLINE IS A DECISION BEFORE IT IS A FEELING

Many people believe disciplined people simply wake up wanting to do the right thing every day.

They do not.

Disciplined people still get tired.

Disciplined people still get frustrated.

Disciplined people still feel tempted to procrastinate.

Disciplined people still have mornings when staying in bed sounds better than getting up.

The difference is that they have learned not to make every decision based upon temporary emotion.

Write this down:

Discipline says, “My feelings may speak, but they do not automatically get the final vote.”

That is self-government.

You can feel tired and still complete the responsibility.

You can feel afraid and still take the wise step.

You can feel unmotivated and still keep the commitment.

You can feel frustrated and still choose restraint.

Discipline is not pretending you have no feelings.

Discipline is refusing to make feelings your master.

YOUR HABITS ARE BUILDING YOUR FUTURE

Here is the truth.

You do not rise to the level of your goals automatically.

Your habits repeatedly pull you toward whatever they are designed to produce.

You can have a powerful vision and weak habits.

The habits will usually win.

You can have a strong desire for change and no structure.

The old pattern will usually return.

You can pray for a different future while practicing behaviors that continually reproduce your present.

Write this down:

My future is being trained by what I repeatedly do.

Your habits are votes.

Every time you choose discipline, you cast another vote for the person you are becoming.

Every time you choose procrastination, you reinforce delay.

Every time you choose focus, you strengthen focus.

Every time you choose distraction, you train distraction.

Every repeated action is teaching your mind what “normal” looks like.

DISCIPLINE STARTS SMALL

Some people make discipline unnecessarily dramatic.

They decide they are going to change everything overnight.

Wake up at 4:00 a.m.

Exercise for two hours.

Read ten chapters.

Build the business.

Fix every relationship.

Clean the entire house.

Change the diet.

Never procrastinate again.

By the third day, they are exhausted.

Then they conclude:

“I have no discipline.”

No.

You created an unsustainable plan.

Write this down:

Discipline grows through repeatable obedience, not dramatic promises.

Start small enough to remain consistent.

If you want to pray more, establish a realistic daily time.

If you want to read, start with a manageable amount.

If you need structure, fix one part of the routine first.

If you procrastinate, identify one task and complete it before moving to the next.

Consistency builds capacity.

You can increase later.

First, prove that you can return tomorrow.

KEEP THE PROMISES YOU MAKE

There is another side of discipline people often overlook.

Self-trust.

Every time you repeatedly promise yourself something and then refuse to follow through, something within you notices.

“I’m starting Monday.”

Monday comes.

Nothing.

“I’m going to finish this tonight.”

You do not.

“I’m done allowing this habit to control me.”

Two days later, you return.

Eventually, your own words stop feeling credible to you.

Write this down:

Broken commitments weaken self-trust. Consistent follow-through rebuilds it.

Do not make yourself fifty promises.

Make fewer commitments.

Keep them.

If you say you will spend twenty minutes studying, study.

If you say you will make the call, make it.

If you say you will stop entertaining something destructive, stop feeding it.

Your confidence begins growing when your actions repeatedly confirm your decisions.

DISCIPLINE IS NOT PERFECTION

Now let me free somebody from another trap.

Discipline does not mean perfection.

You are going to have bad days.

You may oversleep.

You may miss the routine.

You may react wrong.

You may become distracted.

You may procrastinate again.

The question is what happens next.

Undisciplined thinking says:

“I already messed up, so I might as well quit.”

Disciplined thinking says:

“I drifted. Let me return.”

Write this down:

One mistake does not have to become a pattern.

Return quickly.

That is one of the greatest skills you can develop.

Do not spend three weeks condemning yourself because Tuesday went badly.

Wednesday exists.

Use it.

You do not need another dramatic reset every time you stumble.

Sometimes you simply need to stand back up.

BUILD DISCIPLINE INTO IDENTITY

Eventually, discipline begins changing the way you see yourself.

You stop saying:

“I’m trying to become consistent.”

And you begin saying:

“I am becoming a person who follows through.”

You stop saying:

“I hope I can focus.”

And you begin saying:

“I protect my attention because my assignment matters.”

You stop saying:

“I’ll try.”

And you begin saying:

“I will do what I committed to do.”

Write this down:

Identity strengthens behavior when behavior repeatedly confirms identity.

Be careful not to make declarations that excuse reality.

You still have to act.

But as the action becomes consistent, identity begins changing too.

You become somebody who returns.

Somebody who finishes.

Somebody who keeps promises.

Somebody who does not need constant emotional excitement to remain faithful.

NOW LET’S DEAL WITH THE INTERNAL BARRIERS

Even with clarity and discipline, there is another place many people never fully conquer:

Within.

Long before circumstances stop you, your mind may try.

Long before an external obstacle appears, an internal argument begins.

Fear.

Self-doubt.

Insecurity.

Comfort.

Overthinking.

These barriers can become invisible governors of your life if you never challenge them.

FEAR DOES NOT ALWAYS LOOK LIKE FEAR

Some fear is obvious.

“I’m scared.”

Other fear dresses itself professionally.

“I’m just being realistic.”

“I need more time.”

“I’m waiting for another confirmation.”

“I should probably think about it for six more months.”

Sometimes that is wisdom.

Sometimes it is fear wearing a necktie.

Write this down:

Fear often disguises itself as caution when caution has already received enough information to move.

You need discernment.

Not every hesitation is fear.

But if YAHUAH has already given clarity, wisdom has been sought, preparation has been done, and the only thing left is discomfort, then discomfort cannot become your permanent stop sign.

THE FEAR OF FAILURE

“What if I fail?”

That question has imprisoned many gifted people.

Let me ask another one.

What if you learn?

Failure can hurt.

Failure can cost.

Failure can expose weakness.

But failure can also teach.

Some lessons cannot be fully learned through theory.

Write this down:

Failure is not always the opposite of progress. Sometimes it becomes part of progress when wisdom is extracted from it.

You do not need to become careless about failure.

Prepare.

Plan.

Seek counsel.

Use wisdom.

But do not demand a guarantee before you move.

THE FEAR OF JUDGMENT

Some people are not afraid of the task.

They are afraid of people seeing them try.

What if they laugh?

What if they criticize?

What if they think you are doing too much?

What if you change and they do not understand you anymore?

What if you succeed and become different?

Listen.

You cannot build your assignment around everybody’s comfort with your growth.

Write this down:

My obedience cannot remain hostage to someone else’s opinion.

People may have comments.

Let them.

You are responsible for humility.

You are responsible for wisdom.

You are responsible for obedience.

You are not responsible for controlling every interpretation of your life.

THE FEAR OF SUCCESS

And yes, success can frighten people too.

Because success changes expectations.

It creates responsibility.

It increases visibility.

It may require you to become more disciplined.

It may change relationships.

It may require stewardship at a level you have never experienced.

Sometimes people sabotage progress because staying small feels safer.

Write this down:

Do not pray for expansion while secretly remaining committed to smallness because smallness feels familiar.

If YAHUAH enlarges the assignment, allow Him to enlarge your capacity.

SELF-DOUBT IS A PATTERN, NOT A PROPHECY

Then there is that internal voice:

“What if I’m not good enough?”

“What if I’m not ready?”

“What if I cannot do it?”

The more often you listen without challenging it, the more authoritative it begins to sound.

But thoughts are not automatically truth.

Write this down:

A repeated thought can feel true without being true.

Challenge it.

“I can’t do this.”

Maybe the more accurate statement is:

“I do not know how to do this yet.”

“I’m not ready.”

Maybe:

“I need preparation, and preparation begins now.”

“I’ll never change.”

Maybe:

“I have repeated this pattern before, but I can make a different decision today.”

That is not empty positivity.

That is refusing to turn temporary limitation into permanent identity.

CONFIDENCE GROWS THROUGH ACTION

Some of you are waiting to feel confident enough to begin.

But confidence often comes after evidence.

You take the first step.

You survive it.

You learn.

You take another.

Now your brain has evidence:

“We can do hard things.”

Write this down:

Confidence is often built by keeping promises under discomfort.

You do not think yourself into every level of confidence.

Sometimes you act yourself into it.

The action gives you proof that fear was not always telling the truth.

YOUR COMFORT ZONE IS NOT ALWAYS SAFE

Your comfort zone feels safe because it is familiar.

But familiar can still be limiting.

You know how to function there.

You know the rules.

You know what is expected.

But if staying there keeps you from obeying YAHUAH, then comfort has become expensive.

Write this down:

Comfort can become captivity when fear is the reason I refuse to leave it.

Growth often requires intentional discomfort.

Having the hard conversation.

Learning the new skill.

Applying.

Showing up.

Saying no.

Saying yes.

Going somewhere unfamiliar.

Trying again.

The discomfort is not always evidence that something is wrong.

Sometimes it is evidence that something is new.

COURAGE MOVES WHILE FEAR IS PRESENT

People often think courage means fear disappears.

No.

Courage frequently means fear is present and you move wisely anyway.

Write this down:

Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is obedience that refuses to be governed by fear.

Mosheh could feel inadequate and still go to Pharaoh.

Yahusha son of Nun could face formidable enemies and still enter the land.

David could see Golyath and still move toward the battle.

The existence of fear does not automatically cancel the assignment.

The question is whether fear becomes your leader.

STOP BELIEVING EVERY THOUGHT

You must learn to interrogate your thoughts.

Where did this thought come from?

Is it true?

Is it supported by Scripture?

Is it supported by evidence?

Is this wisdom or fear?

Is this conviction or condemnation?

Is this caution or avoidance?

Is this humility or insecurity?

Write this down:

My thoughts can be examined. They do not automatically deserve obedience.

That one principle can save you years.

PRAYER AND DISCIPLINE MUST WORK TOGETHER

Now here is where the teaching becomes practical.

You cannot ask YAHUAH to build discipline in you and then refuse every opportunity to practice discipline.

Prayer gives strength.

Prayer gives wisdom.

Prayer brings you before YAHUAH.

But when the moment comes to act, you must choose.

Write this down:

Prayer does not replace participation.

YAHUAH can show you what to do.

You still have to do it.

YAHUAH can expose the distraction.

You still have to remove it.

YAHUAH can convict you about procrastination.

You still have to begin.

YAHUAH can reveal the fear.

You still have to stop letting it decide everything.

Grace empowers obedience.

It does not eliminate responsibility.

MAKE THE DECISION

So say this:

“I will become disciplined.”

Not perfectly overnight.

But intentionally.

Daily.

When convenient.

When inconvenient.

When motivated.

When unmotivated.

I will return when I drift.

I will keep the promises I make.

I will stop allowing every feeling to decide my behavior.

I will challenge fear.

I will challenge self-doubt.

I will stop making comfort my god.

I will obey YAHUAH even when growth feels unfamiliar.

DECLARE IT

Say:

“My spirit will not remain like a city without walls. I will practice restraint. I will guard my time. I will govern my reactions. I will protect my attention. I will build habits that agree with the future YAHUAH is calling me toward.”

Again:

“I will rule my spirit instead of allowing every impulse to rule me.”

I may feel fear.

I will not automatically obey fear.

I may feel discouraged.

I will not automatically quit.

I may feel tired.

I will use wisdom, rest when needed, and return.

I may stumble.

I will not stay down.

NOW DISCIPLINE MUST BECOME MOVEMENT

You have reset.

You have released.

You have restarted.

You have refocused.

Now you are learning discipline.

But discipline that never produces movement becomes another idea.

There comes a point where you have to stop preparing forever.

Stop analyzing forever.

Stop waiting forever.

And act.

Because information without action changes nothing.

Clarity without action changes nothing.

A plan without action changes nothing.

A disciplined mindset must eventually produce a disciplined step.

And that is exactly where we are going next.

PART 6 is about ACTION.

Not reckless action.

Not emotional action.

Not movement for movement’s sake.

Decisive, intentional, obedient action.

Because sometimes the final barrier between your current life and your next season is not another revelation.

It is the step you already know you need to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment