Wednesday, March 4, 2020

How to Study The Bible: Principle of Interpretation Part 3

1 John 2

We are walking in today: How to Study The Bible: Principle of Interpretation Part 3

Witness beginning throughout the Bible:  H8462 tĕchillah-- beginning, first; the first time; from the beginning, in the beginning

Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning H8462 of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

The Torah testifies...............
 Gen 13:3 And he went on his journeys from the south even to Bethel, unto the place where his tent had been at the beginning, H8462 between Bethel and Hai;

The prophets proclaim..................
 Ezr 4:6 And in the reign of Ahasuerus, in the beginning H8462 of his reign, wrote they unto him an accusation against the inhabitants of Judah and Jerusalem.

The writings bear witness...........................
 2 Ki 17:25 And so it was at the beginning H8462 of their dwelling there, that they feared not the LORD: therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which slew some of them.

Rth 1:22 So Naomi returned, and Ruth the Moabitess, her daughter in law, with her, which returned out of the country of Moab: and they came to Bethlehem in the beginning H8462 of barley harvest.

Now biblical interpretation, has two dimensions to interpret, the first is concerned with discovering the original meaning of a statement and the second, takes account of changes in meaning. Which contemporary readers may attach to the same words, so we got two dimensions interpretation. You are interpreting the meaning of the original text and you also have to understand the changes of the meanings in the modern context of the reader. This is probably the most intricate part of interpreting the Bible. So many words have changed over the years. I'm not talking about just what we did, but also what other generations did with the words until you've got to interpret the interpretation of the interpreted, interpretation that was interpreted from the original. Am I making sense? That becomes a problem with interpretation, because the meanings of words change over a period of time. Until people who lived maybe a thousand years ago had a different meaning for a word--that we so use from the same book. That's written that thousand years before them! Now when you are interpreting the Bible and you start dealing with words that they've written you've got to go back behind the

interpretation of the first interpreter and go to the second interpreter and the third one and that's why when you began to study the Bible you become a little bit confused. Because you got like 20 different books dealing with one verse and you say why is this so confusing? And the answer is simple, they're trying to to interpret the words that interpreted the words that interpreted the words of the words that were interpreted. That is what Yahusha ran into when He came to earth Yahusha, who is the author of the Bible, He's the Spirit of Truth. His number one problem was, He didn't understand what they were talking about! That's why He kept on saying it is written:

John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Or ye have heard it said:

Matthew 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

Matthew 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

Matthew 5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

Did Moses say? His words were--you have heard it said….

Thou shalt not murder. He said that's what you all come to your conclusion is, don't kill people.
He said that's not what I meant. He went back to what? Meaning. He said, what I meant when I spoke those words to Moses on the mountain, I AM the Word! What I meant was if you wish they were dead, you killed them. That's a whole new meaning for murder!! He's saying you, concluded all kinds of things. You all have come down to the point now, where you don't kill a person until you actually stab them with a knife or shoot them with a gun. He said that's not what I meant, He said by that time it's too late! The minute you listen to that, then you begin to think what else have I gotten wrong? I mean if I thought killing was killing a person and He thinks killing is thinking they were dead--then that means that all of us are murderers. I mean I killed my parents a thousand times. I killed my parents many times because I didn't know the Word of the Most High! As a matter of fact, my parents were teaching me the word of the Most High and I was killing them with it! But I didn't know, right? I mean they were whooping me, and I said I wish they would just fall down and die! You know your parents beat you so bad--you can't sit down. You wish their car goes off the road while he's going to work tomorrow morning. I mean you are killing your parents--according to the Word of the Most High, you're killing them. Or you might say that I wish my ex-husband would just drop dead you. Do you realize, you are a murderer in the kingdom of the Most High? You are a murderer. Your boyfriend breaks your heart and you kill him for a long time, didn’t you? You wish that he would fall off a cliff, Yahusha said they are dead with your thoughts alone. The next one is even worse. He said you have been saying thou shalt not commit adultery. What you mean is don't get caught in bed. Don't get caught, He said that's not what I meant. What I meant was if you wish that you were in that bed.
By His definition of adultery, many of us are adulterers!

So now people speaking against the president, you better be careful when you're talking about the kingdom of the Most High! Because in the Most High's eyes you did this thing a thousand times last week!

There were so many books that the Pharisees and scribes were using that were written and translated and interpreted by the scribes before them, that when Yahusha came, He didn't even bother with the books. He says you're missing the meaning completely, so He had to begin his ministry with a disclaimer. Who remembers the disclaimer? He began the ministry in Matthew chapter 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Look at that, He says first of all before I start let me say, I did not come to destroy the laws and the prophets. Now it's gonna sound like I am because you guys are so off course. But He says I didn't come to destroy the law. So that is all the writings and the prophecies of the prophets, right? But I came to what? Fulfill them! In other words, I came to fill them, full of the meaning that was intended originally! And that's what interpretation is all about. Why was Yahusha qualified to interpret the law and prophets? He was the spirit of the author of it. Got it? In other words, the one who wrote it came personally to explain exactly what He meant. That's why the word of Yahusha is so powerful because you can't argue with His statement. See the guy is the source, is the author--that is why HaMaschiach is the problem, because everything He says is true. I mean He never had to apologize, not once, there's no record of Him saying, excuse me. I'm sorry. He was always right because, He is the author! He is George Washington come back to life talking to you all about the Constitution. That's what He is. He is the original, He comes back. He says I AM the word! You all are just translations! And then He gives us the meaning of it. So HaMaschiach qualifies to be the interpreter, because He is the source! Now what's so good about this book is that this book guarantees the spirit of the author, living in the individual and so you can have a witness of what is true and what is not true. And that protects you from error. So the interpreter then wants to get to the meaning and then to apply it. But He wants that to be understood, the context of who was speaking it and who was to hear it. What did they understand about it? Valid and invalid principles--let's talk for a moment about principles because this is important for understanding today.
Shema Selah we may know the scriptures, but what was Yahusha's meaning and intent??? https://youtu.be/kaukEQfnT60

No comments:

Post a Comment