Saturday, February 4, 2023

KINGDOM PRINCIPLES TO DEVELOP YOUR POTENTIAL



2 Corinthians chapter 4




Today we are walking in: Kingdom Principles To Develop Your Potential







Genesis 27:8

Now therefore, my son, obey H8085 my voice according to that which I command thee.





OBEY






Today we look to the word OBEY --H8085 - shâmaʻ, shaw-mah'; a primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively, to tell, attentively, call gather together, carefully, certainly, consent, consider, be content, declare, diligently, discern, give ear, (cause to, let, make to) indeed, listen, make (a) noise, (be) obedient, obey, perceive, make a proclaimation, publish, regard, report, shew (forth), (make a) sound, surely, tell, understand, whosoever (heareth), witness.









The Torah testifies.........……



Genesis 27:13

And his mother said unto him, Upon me be thy curse, my son: only obey my voice, and go fetch me them.





Exodus 23:22

But if thou shalt indeed obey H8085 his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.





Deuteronomy 13:4




Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.










The prophets proclaim..................



Joshua 24:24

And the people said unto Joshua, The Lord our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey H8085.




Nehemiah 9:17




And refused to obey, neither were mindful of thy wonders that thou didst among them; but hardened their necks, and in their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage: but thou art a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and forsookest them not.




Jeremiah 7:23




But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.









The writings bear witness............



Joshua 24:24




And the people said unto Joshua, The LORD our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey.





Job 36:11

If they obey H8085 and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.





Psalm 18:44




As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.





KINGDOM PRINCIPLES TO DEVELOP YOUR POTENTIAL




Today we are going to be talking about how to unlimit your potential. In the book of 2 Corinthians chapter 4 verse 7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from The Most High and not from us. I want you to know that the person sitting next to you--wherever you are, there is a treasure inside of them and to me that is enough to speak on for three years. The word treasure implies something very rare. Treasure implies something rare. You see, eggs are not treasured, because they are common. Rice is not a treasure because it’s common. So anything that is treasure is not common because it is rare!! Now the second thing that treasure implies is that it is very valuable. So therefore even though it is rare, it also has great worth to it!! And treasure is usually something that is of such value that it is worth looking for!! Now where is this treasure? Where does the bible say this treasure is? Look at the person sitting next to you and say, ‘I didn’t know you were that valuable!!’ We treat people like dirt sometimes and we don’t know what The Most High says about them. Now, listen here, the bible says, that His treasure is in the person sitting next to you. Now the person sitting next to you might not be rare, but what they got is!! Never make a person around you feel like they are common. Because there is something that makes them uncommon--it is this treasure in earthen vessels. The third thing that treasure implies, is that if it is treasure it is only called treasure because it is hidden from normal view!! Treasure is usually hidden from normal view. Now what that implies is when I meet you for the first time, I really don’t know what you are worth. Friendship. I have read articles of people throwing away treasure and they didn’t know it was treasure. Well we do that with humans don’t we? We throw away people and don’t know how much they are worth. You never know what is hidden in a person and so you got to remember that this particular scripture describes two dynamic things. One it says that there is something valuable inside something that doesn’t look valuable. It says jars of clay. Now you know clay means dirt. Think about it, you may not look impressive, you may not even smell impressive but inside of you is The Most High’s personal treasure and He put it there and notice He says His responsibility with your cooperation, is to see that the treasure comes. Look at verse 7 it says He has done this to show that this all surpassing power, is from The Most High. The treasure that you have does not belong to you. It came from The Most High. Turn to somebody and say you are valuable!! You got dirt on the outside, but treasure on the inside. Now we are teaching on potential because here we see The Most High is trying to share with us again, to change our thinking towards our potential. We don’t know who we are sitting next to--I guarantee that!! I don’t know anybody really. I don’t know what you are going to be in ten years. And you don’t know either, so be careful how you treat people!! We don’t know who we have in this room. But you don’t know what treasure lies in a person. Now here’s the fourth thing I want you to know, is that treasure has to be sought in order to be found. Now where is the treasure? The treasure is inside of you. Which means now for me to really appreciate the real you, the first thing I have to know is there is something in you that I don’t know. Secondly I have to sit down and take the time to dig. You can’t find treasure in a person by just saying hello, good morning, how are you doing? There is a concept I tried to share with you concerning The Most High and if you were to run into Him before He created anything you would, have run into everything!! Because everything that is, came out of The Most High, everything that is going to be comes out of The Most High!! And so if you would have run into Him before He created anything you would have run into everything. Now that same Most High, has planted treasure inside of every human being. No matter how they look--it doesn’t matter! Or how dirty they are or if they are in the gutter, The Most High has planted something in every human being, that is His!! And satan has one job, to snuff out the possibility of that potential being manifested. He wants you to die with all the stuff in you. But notice what it says in that verse, it says so that we may show, expose. The Most High wants you to expose what they haven’t found yet in you!! So that you can show that the stuff you really have is not from you. But who is it from? The Most High!! Let me tell you something, some of us think that our ability came from going to school. Education. Education only helps you make demands on a little bit of what you really are. And then they grade it by giving you a certificate. But they cannot even begin to touch how much you are worth inside. He says I want to show forth this treasure so that I can show My glory. The Most High gets glory when we show who we really are.

Now what I want you to get today is you can limit this deep potential inside of you by ignoring some important things. I want to talk about how to unlimit your potential. To protect your treasure to the point where no one can keep it covered up. One of the things I liked is to be around people who make me become all that I can be. I am going to repeat that again. You should keep company with people who constantly make demands on your potential. I am going to say it again, you should choose friends who make you become what you haven’t been yet!! Who challenge what you know you possibly could do, but haven’t tried yet. Be around people who make you pull out the best you didn’t even know you had. But you know it’s not a comfortable environment to be in because most of us like to be relaxed, laid back, comfortable but you know, that if you really want to be a successful person in life, you must constantly be nudged, pushed and always being forced to deliver. Have you ever said to yourself oh I have finally succeeded? Do you know that is a lie? Success to me is temporary plateaus of a continual progress of movement. That means you never quite succeed in anything. Success is not measured by what you have done, but is measured by what you could have done even though you did not do it!! You are not successful until you have done what you could have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment