Wednesday, March 28, 2018

What’s your one thing ?



We are walking in today:  What’s your one thing ?

So I’m in the doctor office going for a routine check up and the Holy spirit say look to your right , so I look and the poster reads What’s your one thing? Right , but their one thing was how can we make this visit more pleasant, offer you a cup of water , better answering your question etc..
So I search this out in the natural for awhile right? And then he gives me the spiritual aspect of the one thing.

What’s your significant Thing? Remember David’s desire ? Let’s start there

Psalm 27:4
One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.


WHAT IS YOUR ONE THING?

It's an incredible statement, It's made even more powerful when you realize that it's written by a man who's under attack.

FiveAmPrayer, His "one thing" isn't safety, or vindication, or victory. His "one thing" isn't power, control, or retribution. No, even under personal duress, the "one thing" that David wishes for is to be in God's house taking in the grandeur and glory of the beauty of the Lord.

This desire was designed to be the central motivating desire of every person created by God and made in his image. And yet, this side of the Garden, it seems a statement that could only ever be made by a deeply devout human being.

You need to figure out your one thing and stick to it. Of course the secret is both to have “one thing” and also know how to determine what it should be. It does beg the question, "What's your one thing?" What's the "one thing" that your heart craves? What's the "one thing" that you think would change your life?

What's the "one thing" that you look to for satisfaction, contentment, or peace? What's the "one thing" that you mourn that you've had to live without? What's the "one thing" that fills your day-dreams and commands your sleepy meditations?

The spiritual reality for many of us is that that "one thing" is not the Lord. And the danger in that reality is this; your "one thing" will control your heart and whatever controls your heart will exercise inescapable influence over your words, choices, and actions. Your "one thing" will become the one thing that shapes and directs your responses to the situations and relationships of your daily life. If the Lord isn't your "one thing," the thing that is your "one thing" will be your functional lord.

Here's what you say to yourself when something is your "one thing," "Life only has meaning and I only have worth if I have___________ in my life." The problem is that the "one thing" catalog is virtually endless:


1. Power: Life only has meaning/I only have worth, if I have power and influence over others.

2. Approval: If I'm loved and respected by________.

3. Comfort: If I have this kind of pleasure/experience.

4. Image: If I have a certain look or body image.

5. Control: If I'm able to have mastery over this area of my life.

6. Helping: If people are dependent on me and need me.

7. Dependence: If someone is there to keep me safe.

8. Independence: If I'm completely free of the obligation or responsibility to take care of someone.

9. Work: If I'm highly productive and get a lot done.

10. Achievement: If I'm recognized for my accomplishments.

11. Materialism: If I've a certain level of wealth, finance, nice possessions.

12. Religion: If I'm adhering to my religion's codes and accomplished in it's activities.

13. Individual person: If this one person is in my life and happy there and/or happy with me.

14. Irreligious: If I am totally independent of organized religion and have a self- made morality.

15. Racial/cultural: If my race and culture are ascendant and recognized as superior.

16. Inner ring: If a particular social or professional group lets me in.

17. Family: If my children/parents are happy/happy with me.

18. Suffering: If I'm hurting or in a problem, only then do I feel noble, worthy of love or free of guilt.

You see, FiveAmPrayer, in every situation and relationship of your everyday life, there's a "one thing" war being fought on the turf of your heart. You and I are only safe when the Lord really is the "one thing" that commands our hearts and controls our actions. Yet there are many things that compete with him to be the "one thing" that's the one thing that your heart craves.

What's your one thing?

We can take this wisdom and boil it down to a single principle. Put simply, the most important things are to know what to focus on and how you are going to get it done.  The key to your productivity all comes down to understanding what is most important to you—and what activity will provide the greatest leverage to getting there—right now.

Principles of Unleavened Bread:

Instantaneous obedience
When you know what your one thing is, you should try to schedule time for it as early in your day as possible, time block. If you looked at my calendar, you’d see regular appointments with myself to do my most important work. That’s when I avoid distractions at all costs. Think of it like going to movies. You’re there for ONE Thing—to see the film. Because you’re really clear about that, you turn off your cell phone, you grab snacks in case you get hungry, and you probably even make a pit stop before you go in. All this so you can have an uninterrupted experience.

Based on goals in any area of your life, ask yourself, “What’s the ONE Thing I could do, such that by doing it everything else would be easier or unnecessary?” Then time block to make it happen. It doesn’t have to be any more complicated than that.

What Matters the most to You?’
When you know what you should be working on, you are happier. When you know what your focus should be, it energizes you.

The amazing thing is when people ask themselves the question, they are almost always accurate. People instinctively know what matters most. If you’re not sure, look to the people who came before you. Chances are someone has already accomplished what you’re trying to achieve and they’ve shared how they did it (in a book, an article or a blog post). Start with their answers and go from there.

Success does not mean perfection, as we know it. Success is sequential, not simultaneous. It’s one step at a time. ONE Thing at a time. It’s not your one and only thing. It’s the ONE Thing right now.
Again, it’s the focusing question. You simply ask yourself in any given area of your life, “What’s the one thing I can do, such that by doing it everything else is easier or unnecessary?” That’s it.

What you’re trying to do is set up a domino run in your life. You want to line things up with the end in mind.

Define where you’re going and determine what your next step is to get there. Your ONE Thing is always tied to your destination. At any given moment it is your most levered action – your first domino – that starts it all and gets you the most bang for your buck. We can’t do everything, but we can do ONE Thing that matters most at any given moment in time.

Over time, a pattern can emerge around your career, skills and passion. For me, my ONE Thing always comes back to teaching in one form or another. That’s my ONE Thing.

Make yourself indispensable. It’s just one piece of advice. Find your ONE Thing, connect it and become irreplaceable. The person who attempt to be good at everything but master nothing are ultimately replaceable.

When you identify a need, make it your ONE Thing, and doggedly stick to it, you’ll ultimately achieve the most. And by the way, you’ll be irreplaceable because you’ve mastered just ONE Thing.

Choosing my ONE thing — my area of focus for the current season.
What is your area of focus for your current season? Or have you not heard the Lord speak to you 
choosing the ONE Thing is,”about figuring out what matters most, and when you’re doing that ONE Thing, eliminate distraction.” The concept isn’t about ONLY one thing being important. It’s about ONE thing at a time.

My current one thing choosing a theme for my current season in life based on what the most urgent need is at the time. You allowed the most High to choose your theme for your current season or do you not know? Is your theme being a good listener, remove specific roots from your life , being disciplined in a certain area , being quiet what your Theme for thud season in you life?

Does that mean that I only get one thing done or that I have only one priority?

No.

It means that I’m choosing to eliminate every non-essential task and distraction so that I can focus all of my energy and attention completely on my TOP priority of the moment.

️And right now my ONE thing is establishing some order SEDER in my life. Torah the accurate arrangement of things

The truth shall set you free , in other words some reality shall set you free.

For this week, everything else is taking a backseat to this priority order/SEDER because the disorganization and clutter is draining me emotionally and mentally.

I’m to help us out with the Most High’s Theme for your season this week it’s easy order/SEDER because most of us are disorganized and , clutter is draining us emotionally and spiritually.

You might as well be transparent for this week and the next because the most High is going to reveal it anyway. Maybe you would like to eliminate some OVERWHELM in your life in this season , in this month or this week, find your one thing for this week and the next.

Maybe you’d like to eliminate some overwhelm in your own life by choosing your ONE thing in this season, or this month, or this week.

HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR ONE THING

Take these simple steps to determine your focus that The Most High has for you this season.

Schedule Some Quiet

Find a few minutes when you can go to a quiet spot in your home or out to a coffee shop or on a walk. Getting out of your normal everyday routine will give you a little bit of perspective and will eliminate the distractions.

Evaluate Where You Are Now

While you’re in your quiet place, think about your current life season and evaluate how things are going. List the different areas of your life and make a note describing the highs and lows of each.

What’s this--Habbukuk 2:1

Before I start with this scripture let me briefly inform you of Hanukkah chapter 1, did you know that Habbukuk had 2 complaints in I chapter 1

Habakkuk 1:1-4 New International Version (NIV)

1 The prophecy that Habakkuk the prophet received.
Habakkuk’s Complaint
2 How long, Lord, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you, “Violence!”
but you do not save? 3  Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds. 4 Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted.

Habakkuk’s Second Complaint

Habbukuk 1:12-17
12  Lord, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, you will never die. You, Lord, have appointed them to execute judgment; you, my Rock, have ordained them to punish. 13  Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing. Why then do you tolerate the treacherous?
Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves? 14 You have made people like the fish in the sea, like the sea creatures that have no ruler. 15 The wicked foe pulls all of them up with hooks, he catches them in his net, he gathers them up in his dragnet; and so he rejoices and is glad. 16 Therefore he sacrifices to his net and burns incense to his dragnet, for by his net he lives in luxury and enjoys the choicest food. 17 Is he to keep on emptying his net,
destroying nations without mercy?

Habbukuk 2:1

New International Version
I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint. ️In this translation the complainer is waiting on what answer he is to give to himself from the Lord for this complaint

English Standard Version
I will take my stand at my watch post and station myself on the tower, and look out to see what he will say to me, and what I will answer concerning my complaint ️In this translation He is allowing us to answer our own complaint. What season are you in?? In your complaining season?

New Living Translation
l climb up to my watchtower and stand at my guardpost. There I will wait to see what the LORD says and how he will answer my complaint.

Seek what positioning he has you in , in your season of finding your one thing he has charged you

New American Standard Bible
I will stand on my guard post And station myself on the rampart; And I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me, And how I may reply when I am reproved.

King James Bible
I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

Once you’ve completed the assessment you should be able to clearly see the area that currently needs the most attention.

Habakkuk’s Prayer in chapter 3 after the Most High gave Habbukuk his answer


And obviously allowed him to sneer his own complaint (guess what the Answer was Prayer

3 A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet. On shigionoth.
So Habbukuk gave his one complaint in chapter 1 and the the Most High God answer right and then Habbukuk had a second complaint in chapter 1.

So in chapter 2 this is where he stood on his post to receive an answer
And God answered him/ she replied to Habbukuk And after the reply chapter 3 Habbukuk prayed

Ask Questions

In order to determine your focus you can also ask yourself two simple questions:
What’s really bugging you the most right now? What needs attention?
What’s one task can you do or change , can you make that would make everything else in your life easier? Pray ? And if was Prayer what would it sound like ? What would be your topic of conversation?

The answers to these questions will most likely show you where your focus needs to be.

Pray

Because I’m a spiritual person, I always want to invite God into my decision making process. I pray while I’m reflecting on my current situation and ask God to reveal His best plan for me.

Habbukuk 2:4

See, FiveAmPrayer  The Most High God says , the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright—
but the righteous person , the Right Standing person , he will live by his faithfulness—

Make a Plan

Once you know your ONE Thing for this season (or week or month), write it down Habbukuk 2:2-3 and create a concrete plan for how you will make this one thing your focus in your everyday life. Block out time in your schedule, create new habits, find an accountability partner.

Set Reminders

To help you remember your focus, keep it where you can see it. Place sticky notes on the fridge or bathroom mirror, write your ONE Thing on the weekly plan in your planner and set it as the lock screen on your phone. We know we are in a technology age and the most High knows it as well

What about procrastination and time-stewardship and self-management and all the stuff that's really hard about being an adult.

And this part of the closing in particular, is about the real problem and most of us is with procrastination - which is not that it makes you late for appointments or has you rushing around.

That's the little stuff. No, the real problem with procrastination is that it can—if we let it—keep us from doing the "One Thing."

Most of us have one. That "One Thing" that we need to do. That "One Thing" which, if we did it, would create the most meaningful shift in our lives right now. That obedience right now, understanding this Freedom Right Now !!!

There are very good reasons why we have not, at this point, done the "One Thing" yet:
limitations with time or money, difficulty believing that we can—really—do this "One Thing"

Is SEDER about ORDER? Is PASSING OVER about what the Most High is doing in our lives and why he’s doing it ? Acquiring Freedom Completely removing , stripping , draining bad roots out of lives , reminding us that we are not in Egypt any more

The "One Thing"

Your "One Thing" might be a decision, a phone call, a commitment, or a tough conversation. It might take a minute, or it might take 6 months. But once you've done it, just imagine!

This is the decision or behavior which each of us knows would most improve our life right now. More than a hundred other decisions or behaviors, the "One Thing" will make the absolute most high-leverage, killer-impact difference.

Obstacles

What are the biggest obstacles to taking care of your "One Thing" today? Specifically, what's gotten in the way up 'til now? And who? Who discourages you from tackling your "One Thing" right now? How exactly do they do that?


Resources
And who are your biggest resources here? Who's already made this decision or created this change in their own life, and could give you tips or a template for doing your "One Thing"? Who could give you a hand, or help you sketch this out on the back of a napkin, or give you a pep talk and then check in with you later about this?

Strengths
How do you know—for sure—that you can do this? What's the hardest thing you've ever done—the toughest decision or choice, the biggest achievement? What's something that comes easy to you now that at one point seemed like an impossible task? (Think: getting a round about date, in your head of when it happened?

And how did that go from impossible to easy? What were the steps along that particular (you have dozens of examples of this) impossible-to-easy transformation? What resources do you still have, untapped, which will help you with your difficult but important "One Thing"? What natural talents and gifts and advantages are yours?

That The Most High Hod has given you ?

First Steps

Finally - if you were going to take care of your "One Thing" today, what would be the very first step you would take? Can you see yourself doing that, almost like you're watching a movie with someone else taking that step? And in that movie, how would you breathe, how would you walk, what would you be thinking?

Choosing your ONE Thing for the current week or month will simplify your decision making process and help you to eliminate the overwhelm that comes from having too many options.

Where are you looking for meaning and worth? What's the "beauty that you wish you had in your life? What's your "one thing?"

Don’t let this get by you—everything you're here to experience and learn—and to share with the rest of us—depends upon bravely knocking this one out.

And then the next "One Thing." And the one after that.

The Most High God’s blessing  is on you!!  See the live teaching on youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment