Tuesday, May 4, 2021

WORSHIPPING THE MOST HIGH AGAIN!!!!



Psalm chapter 95







Today we are walking in: Worshipping The Most High Again!!!







Today we look to the word-KNOWLEDGE- H847 da'ath--knowledge, perception, skill, discernment







The Torah testifies.....................






Exodus 31:3




And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom,and in understanding, and in knowledge, H1847 andin all manner of workmanship,







The prophets proclaim..................




Isaiah 33:6




And wisdom and knowledge H1847 shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.











The writings bear witness.............






Psalm 119:66




Teach me good judgment and knowledge: H1847 for I have believed thy commandments.







I want you to really focus on this teaching this morning. Do not allow anyone to distract you. Today I want to talk about the importance of worship. Please write on the top of your page our topic which is “Worshiping the Most High Again.” I want to focus on the keys to refocusing the object and the subject of our worship. This morning is probably the most important message you have ever heard about the Most High. Everything is about Him, but this afternoon we're going to talk about the Most High in a way that you probably have not focused on Him before. The only way to know the Most High, is to know Him. The only way to read His thoughts is in the Bible. The Bible is the mind of the Most High on paper, it's not only His mind about you and the world and creation but it's His mind about himself. So if you want to know who the Most High is and what he's like it's important to read the Bible. Like many of us, I remember watching Big Ma reading the Bible. I always saw her always reading this book. She was always reading. I would get up in the morning to go to school and there she was reading, I'd come back from school and she was reading the Bible. I still wonder when she worked. She certainly worked, she had to wash clothing for 13 kids, cook for them before they came home from school. Seeing her always reading that Bible made me wonder what is that all about? I said if she knows the Most High and that's how you know him then I want to know him like she knows him and so I'll do what she does. I think that's a very good lesson for parents to remember. Never tell a kid something that they should do if you're not doing it. After all of these years I still do not fully understand everything but I have an understanding of it better than I did before. I want you to appreciate that our session this morning is dealing with worshiping the Most High. What you think is worship, is not worship. You have to know the Most High in order to worship the Most High and you can only worship to the degree that you know someone. The less you know about a person, the less you can worship them and I'm going to show you that this morning in a very simple way. I'm also going to show you this morning why we don't worship the Most High. Most people don't worship the Most High. I'm still struggling with worshiping the Most High because worshiping the Most High is very, very simple but yet very difficult to express at times. Let me begin with a simple concept. The person that you know the most is the one that you normally have no problem appreciating. I watch the athletes on television sometimes when they are interviewed by the news media after a game or something. Whether it's soccer or football or basketball or tennis or whatever and they're interviewed and they would all mostly say I want to thank my mother. They don't talk a lot about their fathers. Most of you in this room probably are the same way. You talk a lot about your mother or whoever was performing that motherly duty in your life. It might have been a guardian, an aunt or maybe a grandparent but whoever that person was that was with you the most and helped to nurture you the most and the one who seemed to be always there and always available and always assisting you--that's the one that you talk about the most. When that person dies or if they die, you'll find that that's the hardest person to let go of and when anyone asks you about your future or about your achievements or about your success you normally refer to that person. The reason is because your level of knowledge of that person is greater than any other person in your life. In other words, we make reference to people who have become the best known person in our lives. We appreciate those who have done the most or us. For some of you it's not your biological mother that has this position in your life. It may even be your father, for some of you it is somebody who decided to mentor you. So your knowledge of people determines your ease of appreciation. Your praise for them, your acknowledgement of them. Write this down please. The first principle I want to focus on is the attraction of the means. I'm going to go in a direction that will guide you now into why we don't worship the Most High. We think we worship the Most High, I thought I was worshiping the Most High. Worshiping the Most High is very difficult and yet very simple. Write this down. There is nothing more tragic in abusing time and energy and resources than to make the means the end. I want everyone to please focus today and focus on the words. I think about what we're talking about I want you young people to think about it. I want you to think about it pastors and ministers and men and business people I want you to think about this--nothing is more dangerous than making the means the end because you waste time, you waste energy and you waste resources when you make the means the end. Point number two the greatest challenge the Creator has with humanity is preoccupation with the means over the end. Let's write this down. I repeat the greatest challenge the Creator has with humanity--that's our preoccupation with the means over the end. In other words the Most High's problem with man is that man is always preoccupied with the means to do something rather than the end for which it is done. I believe this is why the Most High has shown to me a little bit and I know about purpose because purpose has to do with the end. It is because of this purpose of discovery--the reason why, which is the end result. I don't want you to miss this because it is so critical for you and me because we are experts at the means and we very rarely get to the end. I'm going to take a little presumption here but maybe 90% of what you call worship is preoccupation with the means. When I say that, I mean, that the Most High might allow us 10% of worship one day, once a month or twice a year. The rest of it is exercise. We have fun in the process more, than we have adoration for the Most High we activate the process for. there's a pastor who had three cars in his garage two of them were antique cars--one of these cars was 50 years old the other one was a little older there were very expensive cars they were immaculately clean you could eat off the engine they were spic and span every piece of chrome was sparkling, the spark plugs were still new. He had antique cars. They were worth over $100,000 each. I said what do you do with them? Oh nothing, he says, I just have them here--I like antique cars he says. What a pity! He said you know every month I spend a few hours cleaning them to make sure there is no dust and to remove any kind of spots. He's spent hours just cleaning and making sure it's always like this. I said, wow you spent hours and you never drive them? He said, no you don't drive antique cars, he said. I just enjoy having them. That's about how most of us are. We shine up, we sparkle up but we don't necessarily use it for the purpose for which it was made. I am sure that the makers of the thing--the manufacturer of that car did not intend for that car to be parked as a trophy. Am I right? What's the purpose for cars?? To drive them that's why having 10 cars doesn't make any sense. Even though you get the money to buy them, maybe having them makes no sense to the Most High because the purpose for a car is to drive cars not to look at cars and we spend hours cleaning, buffing, shining and waxing and we don't use them for their intended purpose! We never get to the end so the means became more important at the end. Listen to what that pastor said--I don't drive the car. I just like to look at them and clean them and buff them and wax them. In other words the means of the process of making them look good satisfies me. I just like to look at them and say that's my car. Write this point down please, when the means become more important than the end then purpose is aborted when your song becomes more important than the one you are singing to!!! Then the entire worship experience is aborted!! My heart's a little heavy but it is going to be okay, I have tasted the presence of the Most High I know what it tastes like. When I say tastes I'm talking about the experience of the genuine presence of the Most High. I'm not sure I can fully explain what it is--all I know is when it's not there and many times I have suffered that experience but there's not much you can say. Not much you can do, because the Most High cannot be bribed to show up and some of you think it's easy to correct that, it's not. And some of you think you know the answer to it and you don't. I don't even know the answers to it all, but I know one thing--if you ever get the means to become more important than the end then the entire purpose for doing the means is aborted! Write this down the process should take us to purpose but never become the purpose itself!! The last word should be purpose, I’ll say it again--the process should take us to the purpose but the process must never become the purpose itself. This is not easy for us--I am talking about myself as well. That all those watching LIVE on facebook or later on youtube--all of us are worshippers of the process. The process has become our purpose have you heard this one? I paid my dues. That's a mentality, that's real in this world right now. I am ready to be done with service--so I'm going to play golf now. Or I'm going to swim now, I'm going to have lunch now, I'm going to a party now, I'm going to watch TV now. Why? I paid my dues so we got this idea that this process is the purpose where the Most High showed up or not is not important to us. What's important is we went through this process, whatever that process is for a couple of hours and so we paid him our dues whoever “He” is, because we never met him. He didn't show up but we did pay our dues and we are happy. As a matter of fact we are proud that we did sit through that for two hours--we consider that an accomplishment. I made it through the service and the very mentality is I survived the couple of hours and I did this thing, now the Most High I hope you're satisfied, whoever you are. I know you didn't show up but I did my part so the process has become the purpose. We don't come to a meeting to meet the Most High, we come to a meeting to have a meeting. The meeting itself has become the purpose! My heart searches for thee O Lord my flesh yearned for the Lord in a dry and a weary land where there is no water. My soul thirsts for thee, said David. When the process becomes more important than the purpose then idolatry is created. Please write this down when more worth is placed on the means than on the end then the means become an idol. That pastor with that car in that garage is an idol worshiper. He has no interest in that car fulfilling its purpose; having the car is enough for him just having it is enough for him. So it has become the end in itself just having it is enough so he worships this car. Worth-ship is very important whatever you place more worth on becomes the idol even if it's a dance or a song or a drum, a guitar or your solo. That's why I'm telling you worship is very difficult, you think it's simple. I stand here today and I listen to music and that's all I hear musicians play instruments but I'm not sure who they are playing it too. And I'm not blaming anybody. I want you to understand why the Most High has called this conference is about worshiping the Most High again, not worshiping the process!! To worship the Most High write this down please any other worship than the Most High is idolatry that's a simple statement. But a powerful one, you got to think about it for three weeks. Let me say it again. Any other worship other than the Most High is idolatry. That can include your boyfriend, your girlfriend, it can include your spouse, it could include your very children or your single son or your only daughter who you just believe is a gift from the Most High. It may be a job or your two jobs which doesn't give you time to even worship the Most High whatever has more worth than the Most High is an idol that includes the song that you are singing that includes the dance that you are dancing it includes the instrument that you play--you can be so focused and preoccupied with how you sound you have no time to give it to him. Because it becomes the end. Your activity that you call worship, it is always a means--never the end. Write this down please, the Most High detests idolatry I don't think we need to discuss this too much do we? Having an idol and giving it worship is the Most High hating action that man can do. That is what idolatry is. Idolatry is making anything more worthy than the Most High let's read a verse write this down please Psalm 78 verse 58 says they angered the Lord with their high places they aroused his jealousy with their idols now the Bible teaches us not to harbor jealousy it's a matter of fact one of the sins that the Most High says he hates is jealousy and yet the Most High himself becomes jealous only over one thing. The Most High is never jealous of anything else I've searched the scriptures and you never find one thing the Most High is ever jealous of except this one thing idolatry. The Most High is never jealous about your house why? He is not jealous about your looks. Why? He gave it to you! He is not jealous of the money you have!! Why? All of it belongs to Him! Even the ones you thought you had. Everything you think could be a source of jealousy for the Most High is nothing in the Most High's eyes! It's nothing but this one thing idolatry--totally different. I'm going to define idolatry for you because most of us are idol worshipers. Even in our worship, we are idol worshipers. When I say that please hear I'm talking about me too so don't feel like I'm talking down at you! In scripture it says all who make idols are nothing and the things they treasure are worth less. The Most High is speaking about what causes the things you put worth on are worth less, anything that you believe is more valuable than the Most High is an idol and it is worth less. Notice the word worth, the root word is the same word as worship so when you say worthless you saying it is not worth worshiping! Thou art worthy to receive glory and honor and power and dominion and praise forever! This worth thing is dangerous. Worship is determined by worth. Help us me Most High! You can never worship what doesn't have worth to you so anything that becomes more worthy than anything else becomes an idol the Most High. Even the idols that you have put worth on are nothing! That is why the Most High doesn't listen to your song because you've made the song more important than the one it is about! You wonder why the Most High never open this ear to it? Sometimes they are more concerned about the words we use in our prayer then about who we are praying to so he ignores the prayer because the activity has become more important than the goal the subject, the object of the prayer, this is tough again I come with a burden because we all struggle with this first John chapter 5 verse 21 I love this verse it says little children keep yourselves from idols. One of the shortest sentences in the Bible, it's a sentence completely! This sentence it's probably the next shortest sentence next to Yahusha wept. Dear--children do what? Keep yourselves from idols say it again dear children keep yourselves from idols!

No comments:

Post a Comment