Tuesday, November 29, 2022

A BEND IN THE ROAD

Psalm chapter 3






Today we are walking in: A Bend In The Road








Genesis 15:6


And he believed H539 in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.








BELIEVE






Today we look to the word-BELIEVE- H539 'aman-- to be established, be faithful, be carried, make firm; to support, confirm, be faithful









The Torah testifies...............


Exodus 4:5


That they may believe H539 that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.









The prophets proclaim..................


Isaiah 43:10


Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe H539 me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.








The writings bear witness...........................


Psalm 119:66


Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed H539 thy commandments.











In every life, at some point, a person finds himself in that “dark tunnel” where no light is visible. In agony you cry out in frustration – “The Most High, I can’t take any more!” “I must hear from You today!” If you find yourself in David’s shoes, you fully understand his heartfelt emotions as stated in Psalm 13 –
How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart daily?… I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation… Because You have dealt bountifully with me.
David was a man after The Most High’s own heart, yet he was a man of anguish and suffering. One moment he was the toast of the nation, the next he was a young man hiding out in caves. David was a fugitive for eight or nine years! At one point David’s band of faithful followers lost their wives and families (as did David) in a raid, and “they turned their anger toward David!” 1 Samuel 30 tells of David’s deep distress. David was desperate, and out of this pain he cried out to the The Most High – “How long, O The Most High? Will You forget me forever? I have trusted in Your mercy!” You can see and feel the impatience and desperation David experienced in Psalm 13. There are some favors that the Most High does not grant either the first, the second, or the third time you ask Him, because He wishes you to pray for a long time and often He wills the delay to keep you in a state of humility, and to make you realize the value of His grace.
On those occasions when you struggle with “The Most High’s timing,” it is good to know these feelings did not originate with you – David expressed such feelings numerous times. On this occasion he was overwhelmed with a sense of the “permanence of trouble.” “Will you forget me forever?” You too will come to the point that The Most High has forgotten you – it is a common experience. We all pass through such “dark stages.” We can take a certain amount with our faith intact – but the longer we go without The Most High’s peace and perspective in the midst of bad times, the more our faith begins to weaken. It was not until Job realized he was in for a “long term battle,” that he began to come apart at the seams. Everyone has a point somewhere in the geography of their souls marking “the limits of their faith” – it is the point at which faith begins to unravel, and you begin to give up on The Most High. What you really believe is that The Most High has given up on you. The truth of the matter is – The Most High never ceases to care about you. I love the poignant words of Isaiah 49 – “Can a woman forget her nursing child? They may forget, says the The Most High, “but I will never forget you! I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands!” (Is 49:15-16). Remember the words of Yahusha on the stake – “My The Most High, My The Most High, why have You forsaken Me?” Next time you begin to think about The Most High’s forsaking you, remember, Yahusha can identify with your pain (Heb 4:15). And then remember His promise, “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Heb 13:5). But that does not mean we will never “feel forsaken” – because our emotions will bring us to that point. You can feel free to express your honest feelings to The Most High – He understands. David was frustrated for two reasons:
1. He was frustrated because of his own “emotions” – Like David, when we no longer sense that The Most High is blessing us, we tend to contemplate on our failures and get into an emotional funk. And when our emotions take over, it gets us into such an emotional bind that no matter how hard we try, we know we cannot do the things we know we should do. It happened to David. He was frustrated by his emotions.
2. He was frustrated because of his “enemy” – David cried out, “How long will my enemy be exalted over me?” David was the“king in waiting”–the waiting period ended up being fifteen years! The blood-thirsty monarch “Saul” had once sent 30,000 men after David! Whose side was The Most High on? The Most High seemed to give Saul everything and David nothing. Can you hear David cry out, “The Most High, what do You want from me?” By the way, you need to know that if the enemy ever pursues you, he will be relentless, and you will wonder,“The Most High, how am I ever going to get victory over this problem? –I’m doing every thing I know how to do, but it is just too much for me!” It is comforting to know that David had the kind of“dark days” we do. The psalm does not stop there: David may have thought he didn’t have a prayer, but in fact, he was just where The Most High wanted him!

No comments:

Post a Comment