Thursday, January 21, 2016

Judgments​ ​And Proclamations​ ​Out​ ​Of​ ​The​ ​Mouth​ ​Of​ ​A​ ​True Prophet

Jeremiah 32


We are walking in today:  Judgments And Proclamations Out Of The Mouth Of True Prophet.

Teaching from the book:  Preaching and Teaching from the Old Testament:  A guide to the Church, by Walter C. Kaiser Jr.

Witness prophecy throughout the Bible:  H5016 neb-oo-aw'  specific and genuine, unless it is false
​--it is 
instituted to trick, misguide and falter the destiny of the receiver.Isaiah 19:1; Zechariah 9:1-3; Malachi 1:1-3; Nehemiah 6:12; Matthew 13:13-15; Luke 1:66-68; 

​​
Jeremiah 32:36-44 CJB Therefore, thus says Adonai the God of Isra’el concerning this city, of which you say that it is handed over to the king of Bavel by sword, famine and plague: ‘I will gather them out of all the countries where I drove them in my anger, fury and great wrath; and I will bring them back to this place and have them live here in safety. They will be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them singleness of heart and singleness of purpose, so that they will fear me forever — this will be for their own good and for the good of their children after them. I will make with them an everlasting covenant not to turn away from them, but to do them good; I will put fear of me in their hearts, so that they will not leave me. I will take joy in them, so as to do them good. I will plant them in this land truly, with my whole heart and being.’ For here is what Adonai says: ‘Just as I have brought this complete disaster on this people, so likewise I will bring on them all the good I have promised them. Fields will be bought in this land, even though you say about it that it is desolate, devoid of human beings or animals, and given over to the Kasdim. Yes, people will buy fields for money, sign the purchase contracts, seal them and call witnesses, in the territory of Binyamin, in the areas around Yerushalayim, in the cities of Y’hudah, in the cities of the hill-country, in the cities of the Sh’felah and in the cities of the Negev. For I will cause their exiles to return,’ says Adonai.

Continuing on in the breakdown and understanding of the books of prophets in the Old Testament. We have studied about judgments. Now let's talk about the promises or proclamation spoken by the prophets. Generally starting off with thus sayeth the Lord or this is what the Lord says. Proclamation can be approach by breaking passages into sections as well.
Consisting of three components​, the message formula: the beginning starts with ​'thus sayeth​'​ or ​'​this is what the Lord says​'​
1. A reassurance that Yahweh's promises was still true. verses 27,17
2. The basis for this reassurance.
3. The future transformation of judgment into salvation and blessings. verses 37-44

Additional prophetic proclamations:
The Woe Oracles: generally starting with "Woe" or "Alas" followed by the description of the announcement or a noun that characterizes the people negatively.

The Prophetic Lawsuit (rib)
A proclamation for summons to you always court room.
Consisting of:
1. An appeal for the jury to listen (heavens/earth) 
2. The questioning of the witnesses and statement of the accusation.
3. The prosecution addresses the court and is in contrast to the mercies of Yahweh.
4. The call to repent.

​​Micah 6:1-8 
​ CJB 
​​
​​
So listen now to what Adonai says:“Stand up and state your case to the mountains, let the hills hear what you have to say.” Listen, mountains, to Adonai’s case; also you enduring rocks that support the earth! Adonai has a case against his people; he wants to argue it out with Isra’el: “My people, what have I done to you? How have I wearied you? Answer me! I brought you up from the land of Egypt. I redeemed you from a life of slavery. I sent Moshe, Aharon and Miryam to lead you. My people, just remember what Balak the king of Mo’av had planned, what Bil‘am the son of B‘or answered him, and what happened between Sheetim and Gilgal —so that you will understand
the saving deeds of Adonai.” “With what can I come before Adonai to bow down before God on high?Should I come before him with burnt offerings? W
ith calves in their first year? Would Adonai take delight in thousands of rams with ten thousand rivers of olive oil? Could I give my firstborn to pay for my crimes, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?” Human being, you have already been told what is good, what Adonai demands of you —no more than to act justly, love grace 
and walk in purity with your God.
Oracles against Other foreign nations, in the same process as all the others except the judgments are directed nationally and the scenery often changes.

Proclamation from a true prophet--will only speak when it's been given to them by Yahweh. They will speak for or against, bless or curse, or may just bring revelation. They Will not ask you to sow a seed of $200 because Yahweh said 20 people will have it and you will be blessed because of it--oanything else unscriptural! 

Ezekiel 44:23 They are to teach my people the difference between holy and common and enable them to distinguish between clean and unclean. To hear this teaching again click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment