Monday, March 30, 2015

What Is Your Love Language--The Self-Depreciating Tongue

Exodus 4:10-12; Philippians 4:13; Luke 8:30

We are walking in today:  What Is Your Love Language--The Self-Depreciating Tongue

Witness scorn throughout the Bible: H3932  la`ag to mock, deride, ridicule
 2 Kings 19:21; Isaiah 37:22; Ezekiel 23:32; Jeremiah 18:16; Habakkuk 1:10; 2 Chronicles 30:10, 36:16; Nehemiah 2:19, 3:33; Esther 3:6; Job 12:4, 16:20; Psalm 22:7-8, 44:13, 78:4 Proverbs 29:9; Matthew 9:24; Mark 5:40; Luke 8:53, 16:14, 18:32

We may hear people who feel that they are not able to do the things that Yahweh, our God has called them to do.  We see this with Moses when he tells the Creator that he is not a good speaker.  We have to know that Elohim, Almighty God knows all about us.  We can not undermine Him by calling what He crafted by His hands as poor quality or inferior.  And yet He will call you to a task to do what He desires.  All that you have been through in your life is usually preparing you to go into this appointed season for His purposes!  All of that negative talk that we rehearse to ourselves is only to our detriment--in a lot of cases drowns out the positive truths about us, even from Yahweh Himself!  Consider scripture that says you are fearfully and wonderfully made!  In the Complete Jewish Bible it reads--Psalm 139:14 I thank you because I am awesomely made, wonderfully; your works are wonders —I know this very well.  While this tongue seems to be modest, it is actually not in agreement to what we are called and to consider ourselves by El Shaddai.  Be aware that while being on guard for the boastful tongue, we are not to put ourselves down even with our self-talk!  For He has such love for us and does not want us to mistreat ourselves by belittling ourselves nor be in agreement with those who have negative things to say about us.

 Here is a list of things to rehearse that scripture says about you!

I am the salt of the earth Matthew 5:13

I am the light of the world Matthew 5:14

I am loved 1 John 3:1

I am accepted Romans 15:7

I am a child of God John 1:12

I am Jesus'/Yeshua's friend John 15:5, 14

I am a joint heir with Jesus/Yeshua, sharing His inheritance with Him Romans 8:17

I am united with God/Yahweh and one spirit with Him 1Corinthians 6:17

I am a temple of God/Yahweh, His spirit and His life live in me 1 Corinthians 3:16;

I am a member of Christ's body 1 Corinthians 12:27

I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me Romans 8:37

I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony Revelation 12:11

I am a partaker of His divine nature 2 Peter 1:3,4

I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ 2 Corinthians 5:21

I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood Ephesians 1:7

I am delivered from the power of darkness and Colossians 1:13

I am healed by the stripes of Jesus/Yeshua 1 Peter 2:24

I am strengthened with all might according to His glorious power Colossians 1:11


Understanding your identity in Christ is crucial to our success.  Try reading the above list every day for a month, preferably out loud. The more we know who we are in Christ, the more our behavior will reflect our true identity.  Simply choose to believe what God says about you. Become who you are in Christ, fiveamprayer! God wants to do more in your life than you can imagine!   To hear this again click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment